I Took Photos Of A Zorse – The Hybrid You Didn’t Think Exists - Its Magazine

Trending news for you | Video Viral | Trends | Top news Today

Top Rated

test

Monday 24 June 2019

I Took Photos Of A Zorse – The Hybrid You Didn’t Think Exists

Last year, I met an animal which I thought would only exist in my fantasy: a zorse, the hybrid between a zebra stallion and a horse mare. Zuri, the mare you see in the photo, was only 1.5 years old and although I’ve been working as a photographer with horses for over 6 years, this was different from anything I’ve known so far.

The wild instinct is very strong in zorses and I had to rethink a lot of techniques to get the animal’s attention during the session. While a horse is a typical flight animal, a zorse is ready to fight. A horse is curious, a zorse doesn’t want to be bothered, which makes the interaction during photo sessions a challenge. In Africa, zorses are often bred to be trekking animals to transport people and goods through tough landscapes. They are strong, light-feed and very resistant to illness – they combine the best features of both a zebra and a horse.

Outside Africa, where I met this particular zorse, these hybrids are very rare and usually bred for simple lifestyle and visual reasons. Zuri is a sweet mare, with a flicker of wilderness in her eyes and I wanted to create photos that express the proud exotic miracle she is.

More info: Instagram

Proud crossbreed between a zebra and a horse

In the European jungle…

Do you see her marks? Just beautiful!

A sweet mare, as you can see from the soft look on her face

Making of



from Bored Panda http://bit.ly/2WVCvP6

Woman Asks Her Wife To Name ‘Infinity War’ Characters, And The Results Are Hilarious

The movie Avengers: Infinity War premiered on the 23rd of April, 2018 and it has already become the 14th highest-grossing film of all time....